Music Banter - View Single Post - Favorite parts in songs? :)
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2023, 11:18 AM   #27 (permalink)
ribbons
Music Addict

I need to learn how to clip portions of YouTube videos - thanks for the heads-up, Norg.

Quote:
I would occasionally run my toy cars over the keys
That's a very sweet image of little Lisna I won't soon forget! Nice that your famiily had an upright piano in the home. My grandmother purchased the organ as a 16th birthday present for my sister, who had decided to take lessons. Fortunately, by the time I *appropriated* the organ my sister (who is eight years older) had grown tired of it, so she didn't mind at all. The keys to the organ lit up in the dark, and I began learning to play by serenading my mom as she rested in the unlighted livingroom from time to time. I used to take "song requests" from my mother in the dark! lol But it was actually a good way of learning to play, albeit by ear.

I also like the "carrying babies to the river" part from 2:23 to "The monk bought lunch!" at 3:05 of "The Soft Parade". That disjointed awakening from the river reverie, and the instrumental break right after the monk's lunch , seems Zappa-esque to me. I really like The Soft Parade album, actually - it's musical, with diverse instrumentation and a bit lighter than The Doors' other albums.
ribbons is offline   Reply With Quote