Music Banter - View Single Post - Are there any other members of The Satanic Temple here?
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2023, 08:11 AM   #4 (permalink)
rubber soul
Call me Mustard

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm aware of the difference between what dimwit Christian fanatics think Satanism and what actual modern Satanism is but honestly I don't see the point unless you're just having a bit of fun calling yourself a Satanist and thumbing your nose at religion. Christians obsessed with Satan are too lazy to even know you exist and the media, if they know you even exist, is going to deem you unserious weirdos and not even acknowledge your existence for fear of seeming unserious themselves by talking about you.

The whole project seems doomed to never get any attention for no gain for adding things onto secular humanist ideals. Also there's too many annoying, edgy libertarians who latch onto the more LaVeyan strain of Satanism, which as far as I remember sounds kind of like edgy Objectivism. The Satanic Temple at least sounds better than LaVeyan Satanism.

Wasn't Anton Lavey a cartoon character in the flesh?
rubber soul is offline   Reply With Quote