Music Banter - View Single Post - Are there any other members of The Satanic Temple here?
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2023, 11:53 AM   #7 (permalink)
innerspaceboy
Music Addict

While on the subject of parodic-themed religions, I proudly wear a Pastafarian enamel pin and have a copy of The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

I am also a member of The Missionary Church of Kopimism - a congregation of file sharers who believe that copying information is a sacred virtue.

A word from The Kopimist Gospel:

Quote:
In the beginning, the world was a stinking soup of ammonia, methane gas, and nasty toxic chemicals. The atmosphere was alight with flashes of pure energy. Something wanted to be born.

In ways and for reasons that remain to be explored, the ribosomes appeared, who could copy. This was the beginning of Life. We therefore see Copying as the first manifestation of the Divine Spirit.

Once the ribosomes were there, and could copy both themselves and the proteins necessary to build a cell, this led to cells actually appearing. Exactly why the proteins chose to voluntarily organize into something more complicated is, as we said, not yet fully explored, so we’ll have reason to return to this. But we leave that aside for the moment.

The important thing is that the cells appeared. Cells have two properties. First, they can copy themselves, just like the ribosomes before them. Second, they like to collaborate with others to build things that are larger than any of the constituent parts.

From these two properties, the living world that we see around us developed. The peacock and the parsley, the forest and the shoal of fish, all other living phenomena ever filmed by the BBC.

We Kopimists therefore see Copying as the First Fundamental Principle of the Creation.

We see the Desire to Build Something Larger Together as the Second Fundamental Principle, and call it Collaboration.

From this foundation, we want to learn to understand the Divine Spirit and the world we live in. And we want to do it together with others.

Copy and Share!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You are to all of us what Betelgeuse is to the sun in terms of musical diversity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo_ View Post
You sir are a true character. I love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You, sir, are a nerd's nerd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
Just chiming in to declare that your posts are a source of life and wholesomeness
The Innerspace Connection | Essential Recordings | Top Archives | Hot 100 Albums | Top 550 Artists
innerspaceboy is offline   Reply With Quote