Music Banter - View Single Post - The queer corner
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2023, 10:04 AM   #1559 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Boo View Post
I'm gonna bump this thread because all due respect to Trollheart people are gonna mistake his thread for one that's about the band Rainbow.

Anyway does anyone have some resources they can share with me about getting the hell out of my sh*tshole state and/or country if push comes to shove? Trump just said he's going to make trans people illegal if he gets reelected so yeah that's not great. I am legitimately terrified especially because I JUST started HRT and I'm not going back.

I'm trying to stay hopeful but I need to plan for the worst case scenario regardless, so any info you can provide me will be greatly appreciated.
Is this even possible, or is it just more stupid braindead rhetoric to play to his base? I mean, how could he make trans people illegal? The governments of the 40/50/60s couldn't even make black people illegal, even though I'm sure a lot of them would have liked to. What precedent exists? "All men are created equal"? They gonna try to say well trans aren't men so they aren't covered?

Hell, come to Ireland: we've got a decent trans scene going here, and were the first country IN THE WORLD to approve official same-sex marriage. Also, we have the odd drink from time to time.