Music Banter - View Single Post - The Ramones Vs. The Sex Pistols
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2023, 04:22 AM   #99 (permalink)
Queen Boo
From beyooond the graaave

Lemme say this, the fact Sex Pistols still piss so many people off nearly 50 years later makes them more punk than the Ramones if you ask me.

The Ramones are the most sacred cow in the genre and while I do like them I really don't get the mythos built around them, I mean yeah a lot of the mythos built around the Sex Pistols was bullsh*t too but everyone knows that, the Ramones were just a bunch of boomers who were pissed off that rock music no longer sounded like it did in the pre-psychedelic 60s so they formed what was essentially a goofy novelty band whose whole schtick was playing bubblegum pop songs really loud. Absolutely nothing wrong with that, I just don't see what's so punk about yearning for the past. Did it really shock anyone that Johnny Ramone ended up being a conservative?

Ramones certainly had the more fruitful career but I'll be lying if I said I didn't enjoy Never Mind the Bollocks more than any of their albums. It's so impressively obnoxious it makes the Ramones sound a little... sedated.

Sorry I couldn't help myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo
A whole bunch of stupid sh*t that I regret
Queen Boo is offline   Reply With Quote