Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Workout Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2023, 06:06 AM   #867 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

dj !! Great to see you post here again after such a long absence!! How have you been? If you're working from home, it sounds like you might've at least been economically ok through the pandemic.

Congrats on your "new year new me" resolve. I have never done workouts or even been to a gym: (i) couldn't face the prospect of that pounding music which is such a common feature of a gym and (ii) a large part of the pleasure of exercise is being out in the open, with fresh air and changing scenery.

So I see FETCHER as my workout comrade: we do some similar things:-

Quote:
Originally Posted by FETCHER. View Post
I started running again last week. I’m enjoying it much more this time round now I don’t have the pressure of being a total beginner with a 10km to run in 8 weeks. I’m going to get back to swimming and cycling, I’m determined to book a triathlon and train for it. I’ve booked a 5km race on the 5th Feb, my plan is to keep booking races so I stick to it and gradually build up my distance/speed because running will be my short fall. I’ve never been able to run the length of myself til now lol
^ This could be me, except for the swimming, the triathlon, and the 10km. And if I am being honest, except for the 5km races too. I used to do exactly like FETCHER: book 5km jogging races as a way to give myself motivation to push up my performance, but sadly haven't done that in a long time.