Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Workout Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2023, 10:01 AM   #873 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FETCHER. View Post
Yeah I’m not a huge fan of the gym either but I know it has great benefits. I found it a bit boring after a while but that’s probably down to my personal trainer not changing my programme as often as she probably should have.

I’m finding much more joy in running and do much prefer being out in the fresh air with gorgeous scenery. It definitely helps pass the time! You should book something if you enjoy them.

I haven’t ran in 9 days due to slightly sore knees, I had a 5km booked for today and almost decided not to go but my friend talked me in to going. Finished with a time of 36:36 which is far from amazing to some, going the full distance without stopping was amazing for me so I’m over the moon
Thanks for encouraging me FETCHER, but I'm a long way from entering a race right now. Still, you've motivated me to start my easy-to-follow training prog again: jogging circuits round a local park. (Although "circuits" is perhaps misleading: it's more like jog half a circuit, collapse on the grass, limp round to where I started.)

Congrats on your non-stop 5 km run. I never managed to do that distance non-stop, and I never got my time below about 45 mins. Still felt a sense of personal achievement to have done it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
Yeah you get it brick is new york slang for mad cold. It was rough and reminded me a bit of Chicago wind/wind chills. I almost got blown over three times by the wind and I'm stocky. Good thing it only lasted two days of feeling in the negatives with the windchill.
Wow! That sounds even worse than I thought. It's never happened to me much, but it's such a weird feeling when you are being pushed around by something you can't see.