Music Banter - View Single Post - The Top 500 Prog Albums - Ever!
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2023, 02:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Default The Top 500 Prog Albums - Ever!

No, not according to me: in the view of ProgArchives. I’m going to take their top 10 albums for each year, going back 50 (from last year, obviously) and review them here. But so as not to make it too boring for those not into, say, modern prog or vice versa, I’ll begin with 1972 and do the number 10 album on their list from that year, then I’ll go for the number 9 from 1973, 8 from 1974 and so on. Over the course, then, of this project, I’ll get through a total of 500 albums, many of which - being all in the top ten of each year - you’ll know and I’ll know, but some I won’t.

By the way, I’m not going to do my usual lengthy exploration and explanation of who the artist is or was; these are all top ten albums for each year so you should know them, and if you don’t, then go look them up. I’ve half a thousand albums to get through, so you’ll forgive me if I don’t put my normal amount of research into these.

Note: Gold Rated tracks is probably obvious - best ones on the album; Silver Rated are good or great but just not standouts while Wood are absolute dross. Anything not shown in any of the three is considered all right but just not good enough to be Silver or Gold and not bad enough to be Wood.

Familiarity index (artist)
1 = Never heard of them or heard anything from them
2 = Heard of them but never heard anything by them
3 = Know of them, have heard one or two of their albums or songs
4 = Know them quite well, have heard some of their albums or songs
5 = Know them very well, have heard many of their albums
6 = Know them extremely well, have heard all or most of their albums

Familiarity index (album)

1 = Never heard of it
2 = Heard of it but have never heard it
3 = Heard it maybe once before
4 = Heard it many times
5 = One of my favourite albums

Next up

Last edited by Trollheart; 02-20-2023 at 02:28 PM.
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote