Music Banter - View Single Post - The Top 500 Prog Albums - Ever!
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2023, 02:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Boo View Post
Booooooooooooooo.

This is album is f*cking beautiful man, it's one of my favorites, it's like a musical impressionist painting, you could call it the Astral Weeks of prog, except I like it way more than that album tbh. I dig it's underwater vibe, as the music gets more and more abstract with each song it feels like I'm diving deeper and deeper into an alien world.

Anyway that guy speaking at the end of "Little Red Robin Hood Hit The Road" is Scottish poet and musician Ivor Cutler and the instrument is a harmonium being played by Cutler himself, it is a pretty odd way to end the album but that's Wyatt for ya.

You did say before that you don't like Canterbury in general, which I can't get enough of personally, I get the impression you just don't like the jazzier side of prog.
So that's why you're called Queen Boo! Look, I'm not saying it's a **** album, just not for me. Do not, ever, expect me to pretend I like something when I don't. Even if it's by an artist I love, if it sucks I'll say it. Both Genesis (Abacab) and Marillion (Somewhere Else) have had bad albums, and I call them out on them. This did nothing for me, nothing at all. But yes, I find CS hard to get into, if not impossible, and I do not like jazz full stop. I once tried to address this by writing a jazz journal, but by the first page I had realised it was just depressing me, and I stopped. Some people, oddly enough, are not into jazz. Meet one of them.

Oh, and I hate Astral Weeks too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGR View Post
Trolls is a notorious improv jazz hater.

That's a lie.
I hate all jazz.