Music Banter - View Single Post - Into The Breach: Key's Gaming Journal
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2023, 01:29 PM   #28 (permalink)
Key

Default 2013 - Bioshock Infinite

Yet another game where I wish I could reverse time and play again for the first time. It's one of those cases where I was so blown away with the game as a whole that it has continued to be one of my all time favorite games ever released. Much like Dishonored, I remember just going through the game for the first time taking everything in and enjoying every minute of it. As much as I'd like to say that I enjoyed both Bioshock 1 and 2, I just simply don't have as much experience with those games as I do with the one we're talking about today - Bioshock Infinite.

Fun gameplay mixed with abilities that make you feel badass, Bioshock Infinite has pretty much everything it needs to not only make a great story throughout, but a game that is an absolute blast to play. It is a first person shooter in the same style as the other Bioshock games, or Outer Worlds, or Fallout, or whatever. Point is, I always really enjoy these types of games because they all generally focus on one thing, making it fun. And I generally rank my enjoyment of a game by how much fun the game is to play and does everything work together to create a rich and fun experience. In this case, it hits every note it needs to hit.

I think I've only really played through Bioshock Infinite one time, and maybe started another playthrough at some point. I always forget and am reminded of how beautiful the game is and how it continues to be so as you go along. Of course, any game that focuses on an utopia in the sky is generally going to be pretty. But, there's also that sinister side to it that doesn't always make the game seem like it is on the cover. Many surprises unfold as you play and it's still to this day one of my favorite stories in a game - ever.

I would highly recommend that if you haven't checked this out, do so knowing as little as possible. I purposefully didn't go into the story too much because it's worth more to your experience to see things unfold on your own. It's a great story with great gameplay throughout and still remains as one of my favorite of all time.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote