Music Banter - View Single Post - Into The Breach: Key's Gaming Journal
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2023, 02:48 PM   #31 (permalink)
Key

Default 2016 - Stardew Valley

So many, and I mean so many good games were released this year, so it was certainly difficult (again) to pick a favorite from the list. So I simplified it by only talking about the games I've actually played, and again, I'll throw in an exception now and again. When I look through the list of games that were released this year, I keep finding myself saying "oh that's a good one, oh that's a good one", but it all boils down to my personal experience with the game, and I don't think a lot of them come close to what Stardew Valley did. And even more-so considering this game was developed by one singular person. That alone deserves praise.

Stardew Valley is a farm sim mixed with a sort of RPG of sorts, though the focus is certainly on the farming aspect, and positivitely so. I love farm sims, and when they're done right, they can be a lot of fun. Stardew Valley does everything it needs to do so well that it's honestly difficult to even critique it. The graphics are cute, the music is fun, and the gameplay is certainly addicting, but like I said, the game really starts to shine once you get your farm up and running and you're making the big bucks. You can start relationships with the townfolk as well as doing your own exploration in and out of caves, which give their own respective rewards. The game is also rewarding every second you play it because it is just a relaxing good time that certainly reminds me of the Animal Crossing games. Nothing is ever stressed, but you basically have a goal in mind, and are looking to achieve that goal or goals in any way possible.

I also just enjoy the game for how it looks simple to being with, but there is so much hidden depth to this game, that it only can reward you the longer you play. And lemme tell ya, the game really does open up more and more as you progress, so I urge you to get through the initial few hours of the game and you'll see what I mean. I'm also not saying anything that isn't universally known. Everybody who plays games knows how good or has experienced themselves how good Stardew Valley is. If you're a fan of Animal Crossing and the like, this one is right up your alley. And mine, evidently.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote