Music Banter - View Single Post - From Edge of the World to Leader of the World: Trollheart's History of America
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2023, 11:21 PM   #37 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Well yeah probably, but I just can't see say Francis Drake or some German explorer or some French guy going "oh let's live in peace." I'm not saying Columbus wasn't a cunt, just that they were all cunts back then and no matter who "discovered" America, it wasn't going to end well. Remember Leif Ericsson and his war with the natives?

I know. What a beauty. And look who she was married to. Looks like he should be sitting at a special table with a bib, being fed soft gruel or something doesn't he? Classic Spanish beauty, huh?
Sure but "people were just like that back then" is a lazy copout. Not everyone was like that. People recognized how ****ed up it was.

Now, I don't chalk this up to Chris being a once in a generation bad dude, I chalk this up to the economic incentives that drive all ****heads with enough startup cash they can scrape together without already being rich enough to luxuriate in pre-existing opulence without getting on their alpha grindset.

They're not peasants working the land but they also have aristocrats lording over them to aspire to and so they do the worst things to attain that next level of wealth so they can have that opulence and this is what our version of Jeff Bezos is, or Cecil Rhodes who was a whatever son of a modestly wealthy family who had to use that modest wealth to found South Africa and become literally the worst dude.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote