Music Banter - View Single Post - THE ONLY Tool Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2006, 04:40 AM   #86 (permalink)
lasthidingplace
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merkaba

I personally love it for what it is, it's gold, but feels a little restrained compared to all other releases.

I understand exactly where your coming from dude - funnily enough, I've been listening to it since joining this forum about half an hour ago or so, and I'm currently on 10,000 days - but I also really love this album, I think it has some of Tool's best songs to date, and it's definatly got some amazing riffs. I mean, TRUELY amazing - the opening to Jambi, for example...

Only time will tell what people really think of this album though - I know I'm not going to suddenly stop loving it, but I can see it growing on a lot of people in the future.

And I do also agree with something else said - there is some unwelcome filler, but I don't find it to be in the songs...namly it's the usual filler you always get, the in-between tracks.

The instrumental track, Lost Keys, is such a moving song - the conversation at the end really opens it up.

But to sum up, I'm very happy with this album and personally give it a 10/10, simply because I can't imagine ever not liking anything that Tool launch our way.