Music Banter - View Single Post - Into The Breach: Key's Gaming Journal
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2023, 11:44 AM   #61 (permalink)
Key

Default Pokemon Month - Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire

Pokemon Ruby / Sapphire pt.2

I talked about Pokemon Ruby / Sapphire in my introduction post, but I wanted to talk more about it in a separate post as there's still I want to talk about it, and I've barely even made a dent. So here is part 2 of why the third generation of Pokemon games are my favorite.

We talked about the fact that I like the overall designs of the Pokemon in this generation along with the legendary's as well as just enjoying the game altogether, but more specifically, I think the elite four in this generation along with the champion is one of the best examples of what an elite four should be in a Pokemon game. I talked a little bit about the game being it's own form of toughness without being too easy and too hard. It hits a balance quite nicely that gives you a challenge but nothing you can't overcome. That's especially true for this elite four, and I have lost count of how many times I have challenged the elite four in this generation. Because not only is it a good collection of battles to test you, it's a lot of fun to fight through it. And Steven is just one of the best champions ever. Definitely gives Lance something to gawk at despite Lance also being a fantastic champion. I think Steven just adds just a touch more to make him better.

Let's not forget how good the elite four music is:

Spoiler for video:

I also wanted to touch more on why I think the designs of this generation are some of my favorites, and it's quite simple - they're just cool. You've got Pokemon like Ralts, Gardevoir, Sceptile, Wailord, the list just goes on and on. If I were to choose one out of the bunch as my favorite, well, I mentioned it briefly before, but it would definitely go to Blaziken. I think as far as overall design, it's a great Pokemon. But then you get to its moves. Blaze Kick alone is worthy enough of being one of my favorites moves, but I also think the Blaziken line is especially cool. Torchic is very cute and Combusken is cool enough once it learned Double Kick. Again, it is a fire Pokemon so it's certainly weaker than a lot of others, but it's got such a cool design that it's hard to pass it up when the opportunity to use it presents itself.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote