Music Banter - View Single Post - Favorite Pink Floyd album?
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2023, 07:01 AM   #341 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Has Mindfulness been talking to elph ?!

Actually, he's not entirely wrong, because , imo at least, Pink Floyd reached their innovative peak in 1970 with Atom Heart Mother. Everything after that was like consolidation, retrenchment or refining of the now easily identifiable, in fact predictable, Pink Floyd sound. I put this down to artistic caution on D Gilmour's part, plus (total guess, tbh) the elevation of Alan Parson's influence: a studio engineer who lets a pursuit of audio perfection get in the way of rough artistic endeavour.

They still came up with some top-quality material, including three sides of The Wall, (as "Drive" has recently discovered), but to me, the albums scoring the high numbers in the polls here are not really their best: only me and 7 other guys correctly voted for Atom Heart Mother as their favourite, whereas 77 have mistakenly voted for Dark Side Of The Moon as being their favourite. I'm sorry, but that is not a valid opinion to hold.