Music Banter - View Single Post - The Decline of The Daily Show
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2023, 09:48 AM   #44 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGR View Post
This show is gonna keep declining probably. Stewart was the best. Noah was not nearly as funny and his jokes were practically indistinguishable from the rest of the late night comedy shows of the time (Kimmel, Fallon, Seth Meyers) - and now with Noah leaving, it will probably get worse. Probably my pessimism - and I can't say I'm a regular viewer any more.
I actually like Noah but I stopped watching regularly like about a year ago and now with the rotating hosts I might end up watching just to see which ones would be a nice fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key View Post
I enjoy Colbert the most but I've been getting stuck in compilations of Craig Ferguson. He is very funny. His guests are always pretty great too.
I used to watch Craig Ferguson compliations of him flirting with his female guests but it seemed weird after awhile. He tiptoed the line between casual flirting and being kind of creepy. I don't understand the power dynamic between host and interviewee. I feel like if they were truly uncomfortable they could just get up and leave but then again maybe it would look bad for whatever media they were promoting. It used to look like he had so much Rizz but when I look back at it again the power dynamic might've been in play making the scenarios kind of sketch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGR View Post
I gotta disagree on Colbert, he's probably the most unfunny, unlikeable host on TV these days. Which is sad, because on the Colbert Report, he used to be a lot funnier. I forgot about Conan. He's funny - John Oliver is pretty great too, even if his accent can wear on me.
Yeah I like Colbert more when he was a character on Colbert Report I don't really follow his regular stuff anymore. I will watch the occasional segment here and there but really don't care. Agree with John Oliver take but I don't mind his accent. He can't help it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
well, this is very hurtful to us Brits! Actually, I'm always impressed by Americans' willingness to laugh along with J Oliver, even though he is so often ridiculing something going on in the US. John Oliver wears on me too, though: not the accent, but the constant call to feel angry, then more angry, then even more angry, but I suppose that's inevitable when he is, quite rightly, exposing the injustices of the world.
John never wears on me. I love everything that he does and the information that his team brings up. I tend to learn a lot from his shows. I feel like he balances the whole feeling angry thing with the segments/skits near the end of the show and some of the rl stuff he does like getting a town named after him.

I think Conan was definitely my favorite late night host.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote