Music Banter - View Single Post - The queer corner
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2023, 10:19 PM   #1618 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
I don't think it's as important as you do what the original rationale was. What's more important to me is the pragmatic purpose it currently serves. I'm sure there are all sorts of things we still use that were created based on outdated thinking but we still use them if they work.

So the more interesting question is what are you saying, that there's better ways to organize it and address those problems than sexual segregation? I can't really tell where you stand.

I think like I said they only protect women so it won't affect me if they integrate any of this ****, but I can see why they might want to keep it separate.

But it depends on which issue we mean. I think the bathroom thing could fairly easily be integrated if we had a less prudish society but again, I also think it would be primarily women who have a problem with it.

As far as prisons go, men's prison is so much more of a violent place than women's prison. It feels like throwing lions and gazelles into the same prison.

As for sports, I really could care less. Do steroids. Take hormones. Get CTE. Anything to win!
Again, you're assuming there's an issue in need of dealing with. Going on hormones has a massive effect on just about every part of a trans person, from their mental to their emotional to their physical state. The conservative narrative takes for granted that men and women are completely unchangeable and that therefore a trans woman is just a standard dude in drag, which is absolutely not the case.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote