Music Banter - View Single Post - New 'old' musician, here
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2023, 11:05 AM   #1 (permalink)
Elderly_beginner
Groupie

Default New 'old' musician, here

Hi Folks -

I am a retired geezer, and I'm in the process of learning to sing (I had my first-ever singing lesson yesterday), play keyboard (after 1 month of self-learning, I'm enjoying it), ukulele (self-learning on a loaner for the past two weeks), and resuming learning harmonica after a brief period playing in the 1980s.

I played a saxophone for about five years in my teens (the 1960s), and that represents nearly all of the formal music training / activity in my life.

Fortunately, it seems that some things have not changed dramatically in the past 60 years: musical notes still exist, LOL! But, I see that equipment has become wonderfully affordable, and the selection of gear and instruments is at once kid-in-a-candy-store wonderful and at the same time overwhelming in terms of the number of options.

Who knows where this all will lead, but it feels like a bit of a renaissance in my life, and I'm enjoying exploring music!

I joined this group for the initial purpose of asking advice (in a separate post) about buying equipment (amp, microphone, home studio setup). While I am a retired techie and don't mind reading specs, the number and type of options involved are a bit intimidating.

Anyhow, this forum looks like a lot of fun and I'm sure I'll learn a lot from y'all.

Ralph

P.S. Having read the forum's newcomer's guide, I have a question. What is are "Vs threads"? Are those threads that compare, or ask to compare, different instruments / musicians / songs / etc?
Elderly_beginner is offline   Reply With Quote