Music Banter - View Single Post - Into The Breach: Key's Gaming Journal
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2023, 12:17 PM   #95 (permalink)
Key

Default Pokemon Month - My Favorite Starter Pokemon (From Each Generation I Have Played)

My Favorite Starter Pokemon (From Each Generation I Have Played)

While I have not played all the Pokemon games, I have played my fair share of them, so I'm simply going to discuss which Pokemon starter I personally like the most and had the most fun using in its respective playthrough:

Pokemon Red / Blue
As much as I really like Charmander, I have to go with my boy Squirtle on this one. Bulbasaur is sort of just there and not really a Pokemon I used too much. Most of the playthroughs of Pokemon Red / Blue I have done have always either been Squirtle or Charmander. In fact, the playthrough I have going right now in Pokemon Red is using Squirtle. And Beedrill. Mostly Beedrill though.

Pokemon Gold / Silver
I've said this before but I'll say it again, this one goes to Cyndaquil. I actually really like all the starters in this generation, and yes, even Chikorita. I thought both Meganium and Feraligatr were both amazing fully evolved Pokemon, but Typhlosion is in a league of its own, and I really enjoyed the use of Flame Wheel and just reaking havoc on all Pokemon that didn't stand a chance against a fire type.

Pokemon Ruby / Sapphire
I think if I remember correctly, I used Mudkip on my very first playthrough, but on another playthrough, I used Torchik. I think I actually liked Mudkip a little bit more simply because Swampert is a force to be reckoned with while Blaziken is very weak in comparison. I dunno, maybe they're tied because again, I think all the starters in this generation are great for their own reasons. Even Sceptile is dope.

Pokemon Black / White
This one goes to Oshawott. Even when looking back on it today, I still think this is the case. I chose Oshawott on my first playthrough of Pokemon Black 2 and had an absolute blast using it once it fully evolved. Empoleon is not only a great name for a Pokemon, but it's also a great design. Again though, really cool starters in this generation. None of them lacked in style as far as I'm concerned.

Pokemon X / Y
I wish I could say this goes to Fennekin because as far as starter Pokemon for this generation, it would undoubtedly be my favorite. Unfortunately it has a far more disappointing final evolution which takes a lot of its cuteness away and subsequently puts it to #2 right under Froakie. I think Froakie is an amazing Pokemon through and through. Not just the fact that it's cute as ****, but Greninja is one of my favorite Pokemon, at least in my top 10-15 surely.

Pokemon Sword / Shield
I think this was the last Pokemon game I played and probably one of the few that I never actually finished all the way through. I dunno, I just wasn't as motivated to push through to finishing it. On top of that, I'm not really a big fan of the starters at all, and while I honestly don't even really remember using it to its fullest potential, I'll go with Scorbunny since it was the only one I used on the only playthrough I did on Pokemon Sword / Shield.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote