Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2023, 05:55 PM   #82181 (permalink)
innerspaceboy
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mucha na Dziko View Post
damn, that's harsh

What's this apprenticeship about?
Can't they help you in some way?
Like, enroll you even on paper?
Thank you, Mucha. I've posted a bit about the apprenticeship in the past but don't want to make you go digging.

It's an apprenticeship to become a network engineer. The failures of my counselor at the city's employment center are drawing out this process over a month beyond how long it should have taken for me to get started.

After submitting the required application paperwork and being approved, I took IBM's MyInnerGenius Assessment which is a prerequisite for entry into their program. The test assesses individual skill sets and personality traits to match them with their most promising career path. The apprenticeship organization requires that applicants not only meet the minimum credentials of the test, but further requires that the Assessment determine that the desired apprenticeship program is a match to their best career path.

I exceeded every required metric of the test by a significant margin, and the Assessment matched me with Network Engineering as my best fit which earned my eligibility for the program. The results page stated:

"Only 60% of people who take the MyInnerGenius Career Fit assessment are a match; so, you are now part of an exclusive group. Matching with MyInnerGenius means you have a high likelihood of success in your chosen occupation."

The program begins with an UNPAID pre-apprenticeship of guided virtual training which usually takes about 6 weeks. Upon completion of the pre-apprenticeship, their Talent Team will assist me with job placement. My Success Coach will work with me throughout the subsequent paid job placement apprenticeship program for 12-15 months. They report that 94% of their apprentices stay at the same company in a full-time role after completing their apprenticeships.

The reported Average Starting Entry-level Salary Range for the Network Engineering position is $73,640 to $89,420 - significantly more than what I was seeing for unskilled entry-level data entry jobs.

Unfortunately these promising metrics weren't sufficient to satisfy the Unemployment Office. They want me to accept unskilled low-paying grunt work full time which would significantly lengthen the number of weeks it would take me to complete the apprenticeship. Otherwise they'll cut off my benefits.

And the added stress would wreak havoc on my severe daily panic attacks. That's why I was working remotely at my last job - for my own safety.

I need a major breakthrough soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You are to all of us what Betelgeuse is to the sun in terms of musical diversity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo_ View Post
You sir are a true character. I love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You, sir, are a nerd's nerd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
Just chiming in to declare that your posts are a source of life and wholesomeness
The Innerspace Connection | Essential Recordings | Top Archives | Hot 100 Albums | Top 550 Artists
innerspaceboy is offline   Reply With Quote