Music Banter - View Single Post - MB Album Club 2022
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2023, 07:50 AM   #711 (permalink)
rubber soul
Call me Mustard

LINKIN PARK- LIVING THINGS

First of all, I have to confess I’m not much of a Linkin Park fan. For one thing, they remind me of a band I especially despise, Limp Bizkit. Still, as a loyal member of the club, I feel committed to give it at least a listen, so here we go…

I think the album starts with the single from the album, Lost in the Echo. Not too bad as far as what pretends to be alternative rock these days. In My Remain is listenable and Burn It Down is even a bit melodic. But then it gets into its noise rock for want of a better description. I also hate what I call the emo tyle of singing that seems to be popular in Alt Rock, or at least 21st century Alt Rock anyway. That’s what I’m noticing especially on I’ll Be Gone.

We get a break of sort with the western tinged Castle of Glass. It’s surprising to see Linkin Park go off the formula for a track but maybe they get tired of playing the same thing sometimes too. Then back to the screaming (Victimized).

Then there is Roads Untraveled. I actually like this track. It has a nice melody and again, surprising given the source. There are parts of Skin and Bone I like as well. Until It Breaks, not so much, sort of a reggae meets rap type of track, not really my speed. It does finish off okay with Powerless.

So, it wasn’t as bad as I had feared. They are capable of playing music obviously unlike, say, the likes of Fred Durst and company. Certainly not an album I’ll be listening to in the future, but considering that I’m something of an old fogey these days, not too bad. At least it isn’t awful.

5/10 (The Word has spoken )
rubber soul is offline   Reply With Quote