Music Banter - View Single Post - Are there any other members of The Satanic Temple here?
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2023, 03:10 PM   #15 (permalink)
Midnightinoctober
Groupie

I dont know much about religion cause I close my ears and eyes any time it comes up as a subject. It started happening after my best friend in school told me that it was too bad I was kind and all cause I’d most definitely burn in hell seeing I didnt believe in God. Have barely heard of TST before. The seven tenets seem surprisingly reasonable. I agree with SGR. Not only do humans need to organize and belong, but they also need find an answer to the question «why do I excist». I’ve heard of so many people who has been suicidal or addicted go some kind of drug, but then they magically got better when they became a Christian. They dont get that it’s not God making them better, it’s because they get an overwhelming and heartwarming feeling of being loved like they’ve never been loved before, by the religious community and by the imaginary «father». I’d be overly excited as well if I suddenly felt so loved, but I prefer real love from actual people. I know Santa cant actually love me. Neither can God. That said, if other people want to believe in the fairytales of religion, then of course go head and believe. I dont care as long as I dont have to listen to any of the crap they tend to throw in my face, trying to make me into a believer.
Midnightinoctober is offline   Reply With Quote