Music Banter - View Single Post - The American Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2023, 09:23 AM   #3612 (permalink)
SGR
No Ice In My Bourbon

I get the sense that many saw Jackson decide to not play (especially in the playoff game against the Bengals) with a PCL injury that wasn't 100% healed - the perception, I think, is that many would've played despite the injury - and that Lamar should've played and battled through it.

But I don't really begrudge him that decision - if he would've played and further reaggravated the injury and made it worse, that would make his goal of getting paid more difficult. At the end of the day, the guy was looking out for his best interests. I understand the frustrations of Ravens fans though with that decision, but as a neutral bystander, I think his decision made sense.

He's now trying to explain the injury questions himself though - again, this should be getting done by an agent, not himself - as it puts him an awkward position.

I can see a future where no team decides to trade for him - and he refuses to play for the Ravens in 2023 for 32 million (based on recent comments, it seems like he's done with Baltimore, whether he gets traded or not). If Lamar thinks he's worth more, and wants a guaranteed contract, and no other team is willing to pay that amount and give that contract, then a middle ground needs to be found at some point, if he's gonna keep playing (again, an agent would help).

Also - what real weapons has Lamar had to throw to in the last couple years besides Mark Andrews, Hollywood Brown, and a washed up Sammy Watkins? With our without Lamar, I think the Ravens will be okay. They've been competitive for a while now - and if Snoop hadn't fumbled the ball at the goal line in that Bengals game (that got returned for TD), they had a very real chance of winning that game. Ravens are built for Lamar's playstyle, and Snoop plays like Lamar - he's not quite as talented, but he can win games if he doesn't have to put the team on his back all the time.

Last edited by SGR; 03-30-2023 at 09:29 AM.
SGR is offline   Reply With Quote