Music Banter - View Single Post - Donald Trump Has Been Indicted
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2023, 08:02 PM   #16 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
...plus his role in all the schemes to overthrow a legit election, plus hiding documents and obstructing justice down at Mar-a-Lago.

Every time, the GOP back Trump, over the Constitution, the system of justice, the cops defending the Capitol, the results of an election that has been upheld in 60 independent court cases, facts, truth, etc,etc. while other Trump supporters are well represented by this post from norg:-
Well, seeing as how Biden has his own sexual misconduct allegations (assuming they're true, and even hypothetically if they were worse than Trump's) I've had to ask myself is the point of politics whether you're supporting someone for being a better person or because of power. Trump supporters by and large are probably writing off all Trump's scandals and crimes as fake news so they don't have to deal with the question but the reason they're doing so is to attain political power.

Now, Trump is a grifter and his supporters are being lied to about what they'll get from him, but if Biden were theoretically actually a worse person would I then support Trump even though his being in power would be more detrimental to my political goals than Biden being in power? Kinda no.

This whole respectability politics nature of politics masks the fact that real politics is about naked power and regardless of Trump being a piece of **** rapist I don't want him to have power for even bigger reasons, and Trump supporters are deluding themselves for what feel to them like bigger reasons.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote