Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2023, 01:19 PM   #78616 (permalink)
innerspaceboy
Music Addict

Thanks, TH. It does me well to write those little posts during this uninsured time where I can't afford to see my therapist, so thank you all for permitting me to micro-journal here.

I am as productive as possible while unemployed. For example, I did 38 tasks yesterday alone including acing the interview, then applied to 6 other jobs to hopefully secure temporary work while waiting for the HR dept of the government agency to push their paperwork, (estimated as I said at 6-12 weeks). Then I found the federal employee health insurance plan option website and constructed a system to run the numbers for all available plans with my annual fixed medical expenses to derive the lowest-cost plan for myself just in case I do win that job.

But the idle time between my flurries of productivity are a real challenge. I may have mentioned previously that I'm not comfortable taking on any new projects or hobbies while everything is in flux career-wise, so there are stretches of hours where I have nothing to do. I don't own a television but I try to listen to some music from my server and am reminding myself to enjoy this freedom while I have it. I proactively schedule plans for social outings and events so that I have things to look forward to. That way I don't slip into an unhealthy headspace. But it's still a challenge.

Next week will be interesting when I find out if there are in fact terminating my benefits early. I'll keep everyone posted. I hope to have good news soon.

Thanks for everyone's support and encouragement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You are to all of us what Betelgeuse is to the sun in terms of musical diversity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo_ View Post
You sir are a true character. I love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You, sir, are a nerd's nerd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
Just chiming in to declare that your posts are a source of life and wholesomeness
The Innerspace Connection | Essential Recordings | Top Archives | Hot 100 Albums | Top 550 Artists
innerspaceboy is offline   Reply With Quote