Music Banter - View Single Post - MB Album Club 2022
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2023, 05:26 PM   #745 (permalink)
Mindfulness
Be aware of the psyop

Ruthie Foster – Joy Comes Back
This album is a collection of soulful blues songs that gave me a nice switch from what I normally listen to. I listen to more every type of music so this album wasn’t that different though too. The “War Pigs” cover of the Black Sabbath song was a great mix into the songs on the album. If I had to explain this album in one word it would be “happy”, it is very uplifting and joyful sounding. I had never heard of this artist before the review also, but will be saving this album for more listens later one in my random shuffle. As I jam to this album it is growing on me how mellow the tunes are, ‘What are you listening to?” is really chill. "Good Sailor" - This track has a laid-back bluesy feel and features some great guitar work. The lyrics encourage listeners to keep going through life's ups and downs and to be a good sailor through it all. "Forgiven" - This ballad has a gospel feel to it and features Foster's vocals accompanied by piano. The lyrics speak to the idea of forgiveness and redemption. "Open Sky" - This song has a folky sound with acoustic guitar and harmonica. The lyrics speak to the idea of finding freedom and inspiration in the wide open sky. Overall, "Joy Comes Back" is a fantastic album that showcases Ruthie Foster's incredible vocal and songwriting abilities. The album has a great mix of blues, soul, and folk sounds, and the lyrics are uplifting and inspiring. This album is a must-listen for fans of blues, soul, and folk music, and anyone in need of a little inspiration and hope.

7.1/10
Mindfulness is offline   Reply With Quote