Music Banter - View Single Post - MB Album Club 2022
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2023, 05:37 PM   #748 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Ruthie Foster – Joy Comes Back

I gave this album a listen this morning and within the first 10 seconds my initial reaction was is this twangy country? I'm not one of those types that claim to "listen to everything except country." I actually like country but the more country bro pop stuff. I just don't listen to it as often as other genres. Die-hard country fans tend to hate that stuff and prefer the more traditional stuff. I didn't even take the time out to think about it and say this veer more into soul/folk than country which it totally does. I have to re-listen to it again when I'm more in a mindset to accept some of the uplifting tracks that were being played before. I would give the album as a whole 6.5 but that may change after my second listen of it which I will do in a few days. None of the tracks really stood out to me imo.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote