Music Banter - View Single Post - MB Album Club 2022
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2023, 05:45 PM   #757 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGR View Post
there’s a very nice separation between all the instruments, the levels sound great, and the bass is always clear and consistently provides a meaty backbone to Ruthie Foster’s soulful professions.
Yes! That's something I liked too, but I didn't have the words to explain it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber soul View Post
This isn’t going to be as detailed as I’m rather late after my nearly two week hospital stay.
Two weeks in hospital?! I hope you are fixed up and feeling better now, rubber soul. Look after yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I can confidently state it's you, not her.
Thanks for that clarification, Trollheart. At least I now know the problem, and can in fact, put myself into the same category as dj:-

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
I have to re-listen to it again when I'm more in a mindset to accept some of the uplifting tracks that were being played before. I would give the album as a whole 6.5 but that may change after my second listen of it which I will do in a few days. None of the tracks really stood out to me imo.
The opener about What are you listening to and the gospelly title track were both good efforts too. Like I hope I made clear, I used to love that Ruthie Foster kind of music, but in the same way I used to love The Beatles' music, I don't have any urge to listen to it these days.