Music Banter - View Single Post - MB Album Club 2022
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2023, 06:43 PM   #758 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Beach House - Bloom

I recognized this band's name before I even listened to the album but I know for a fact that I have never taken the time to sit down a listen to a full album from them. Roxy was the one from MB that helped me get into Indie music a bit more but tbh I don't think I'll ever just out of the blue say. Oh I feel like listening to some Indie tunes let me throw on such and such. The only one that will come close to that is probably Twin Shadow. I listened to this album at the gym like I feel I'll end up doing with all albums from the music club. I was just not in the mood to hear whatever this whispery surfer California beach type music. that's the vibes it evokes from me. I can appreciate other genres that the main two that I constantly listen to but I definitely have to be in the mood for it. This band sounds like it was made for Pitchfork to masturbate all over. I bet someone reviewed it over there and gave it high marks. I can give the album credit for being something to listen to that feels like your being wrapped up in a blanket. It's a bit cozy and comfortable but other than that. Hard Pass.
6/10
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote