Music Banter - View Single Post - Key "Reviews" Albums (2023 Edition)
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2023, 11:28 AM   #4 (permalink)
Key

Default Gorillaz - Cracker Island

Gorillaz - Cracker Island

The common theme I've seen so far with the releases I've heard from this year is that the artists involved are really bringing everything that makes them great, and throwing out all the bull****. This is the most Gorillaz album I've heard since Demon Days. And that's not to say that the albums in between are bad or mediocre in any way. Hell, any Gorillaz album is good in some way. However, I found myself just saying "yeah this is what I like about this band" many many times throughout listening to this for the first time. And of course, I had to listen to it again and again and it still holds that same feeling. Along with the Metallica release we got this year, Gorillaz are also returning to form and doing what makes them truly great without overdoing it or feeling overdone. This album is a 10/10 in my book for not just being a catchy album but also a truly fantastic Gorillaz album that I think any fan will enjoy and love.

The first track alone is fantastic and each song after it works collectively while also working as their own singular tracks. Making the album a joy to listen to whether it's a few tracks or as a whole.

Key is offline   Reply With Quote