Music Banter - View Single Post - Into The Breach: Key's Gaming Journal
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2023, 05:12 PM   #108 (permalink)
Key

Default The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (Some Thoughts Prior To Release)

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
(Some Thoughts Prior To Release)

On top of Star Wars: Jedi Survivor closely making it's debut, I am also really excited for the sequel to one of if not my favorite game of all time. The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom looks seriously amazing, and I am really liking where Nintendo is taking The Legend of Zelda as a whole. Breath of the Wild was not just good, it was breathtakingly good. So many things you can do to make the game basically last forever, and I am excited for the fact that we basically get to run around in that same field, though things have certainly changed.

I already like the fact that Tears of the Kingdom while still in the same field as Breath of the Wild, enough things seem to be different about it that will make this feel like its own experience as opposed to just a simple improvement. There's so much going on in the final trailer that they released that it's virtually impossible to not be excited. New powerups to learn, new areas to traverse, new possible dungeons that will certainly be an improvement from its predecessor. As much as I liked the shrines, I think we definitely are in need of some more Zelda like dungeons and temples that we saw in Ocarina of Time and even Wind Waker. We'll see if that actually comes to fruition, but who knows. Nobody does at the moment.

Much like Jedi Survivor as well, I will be talking about this game more in depth once the game actually comes out, but I am also very excited for this as I have preordered both the game and the special edition Nintendo Switch. So I'm basically ready to go other than the fact that the game simply isn't out yet.

Like the last post as well, here's the trailer to get you excited. I still think Breath of the Wild has one of the best video game trailers of all time, but this definitely takes 2nd place:

Key is offline   Reply With Quote