Music Banter - View Single Post - Emerging From the Vinyl Collector Passion
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2023, 07:28 AM   #14 (permalink)
BrooklynEars
Groupie

OMG ! I am 54 and collecting viny/cd’s feel the same way. The hobby is pricing itself out . New or used market. I just seen four used jazz lp’s at my local shop and you can buy a used car for cheaper . I said they will be up there for while the next week gone ,over 4k.
While I watch you tube to see whats going on.I have noticed they are always pushing the a pricy reissue guys like the In Groove and the Acoustic Sounds selling audiophile pressings at crazy prices come to mind. Plus some of those reissues have issues. It is a turn off to the lp hobby. Whats with the 30 minute you tube segments telling if you don't buy this lp your missing out.It all about cash . I wonder who is behind it . What is with the All Analog snob? Plus other forums when you object or point out something you get slammed . The SH forum comes to mind . A close friend and 9/11 survivor was kicked off there cause his user name was the Record Collector Association of Brooklyn and Queens and he runs a nice little club and we talk about music. What about RSD ? The young set is calling it Record Label Day now lol. I know a few store that do not partake in it. The are like gee if I get another Taylor S phone call I am going close shop lol.
I remember a time when it was digital recording where the rage.Many cds sound great and well and the lp with a digital step added . example Brother in Arms is an all,digtal lp and sounds great .I always believed listen with your ears and not what others tell you.
Streaming has it pluses and minuses but it will work it’s way out soon.
BrooklynEars is offline   Reply With Quote