Music Banter - View Single Post - Top 100 Best Kazoo Songs
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2023, 06:57 AM   #31 (permalink)
innerspaceboy
Music Addict

I've got the kazoo trump card. Pictured below are my copies of Kazoophony: The Kaminsky International Kazoo Quartet from Rochester, NY. The world's greatest (and only) premier classical kazoo ensemble, as seen on Conan O'Brien.

From KazooAmerica.org: Described by the Wall Street Journal as “America’s Premier Kazoo Group”, Kazoophony brings professional kazooing to its very zenith. Spawned in the shadow of the Eastman School of Music in Rochester, NY, the group was founded to encourage the art of kazoo playing and promote musical enrichment all over the world.

Kazoophony has appeared extensively on radio and TV (Tonight Show, Prairie Home Companion, etc.) at Lincoln Center and Town Hall (with George Carlin and PDQ Bach), at colleges and arts festivals...and at the opening of the new Yellow Trucking Center on the site of the Emerson Street Dump in Rochester, NY. Kazoophony has twice been banned in Britain and reviewed by Playboy, all without doing anything rude that members knew about.

I've got both the 1978 local PCI Audio Services pressing from Rochester NY and the Aquitaine Canadian pressing, recorded live at Cornell University, and autographed, (so I'm sure they're worth a fortune!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You are to all of us what Betelgeuse is to the sun in terms of musical diversity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo_ View Post
You sir are a true character. I love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You, sir, are a nerd's nerd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
Just chiming in to declare that your posts are a source of life and wholesomeness
The Innerspace Connection | Essential Recordings | Top Archives | Hot 100 Albums | Top 550 Artists
innerspaceboy is offline   Reply With Quote