Music Banter - View Single Post - What is so special about Vinyls anyway? ;)
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2023, 09:10 PM   #39 (permalink)
WeltZumerr12
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charlie View Post
I don't have a record player but my friend does and it sounds lovely and better than CD players of similar quality. I know it's been said a thousand which, sadly, seems nowt but an afterthought in this age of CD and MP3s.
times but there is an audible warmth to vinyl, a certain naturalness even; it's not that CDs sound compressed in comparison, it's that CDs sound colder and harder.

I believe most people, on hearing a CD played through a high end system and the same album on vinyl played through a high end system, would notice the difference.

I also love the size of records which afford the luxury of really appreciating the ]
If vinyls weren't so bloody expensive and if everything was still released on vinyl, I'd definitely replace my CD player with a record player.
Welcome to the forum! It's great to see another vinyl enthusiast here. I'm a huge fan of vinyl as well; there's something special about being able to really appreciate the artwork and sound quality of a record. The warmth and naturalness of vinyl is unparalleled and I think it's worth the extra cost. Have you had the chance to experience the difference between vinyl and CD quality?

Last edited by WeltZumerr12; 05-23-2023 at 05:33 AM.
WeltZumerr12 is offline   Reply With Quote