Music Banter - View Single Post - bored of my current music tastes
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2023, 07:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
jadedmusiclistener
Groupie

Unhappy bored of my current music tastes

lately, a lot of the music i have been indulging in has just felt like one big repetitive song. its like ill listen to one song and the next one that comes on is practically the same, its getting so frustrating.

i have been an avid lover of pop music and have been listening to kpop for about 8ish years now, its my most listened to genre, and I have a massive playlist of almost 700 songs (I suck at making playlists idk I just add songs I like indiscriminately), but my god am I getting sick of it. i need something new and different. i like a lot of other genres as well, like punk, hardrock, scenecore/webcore music and hyperpop adjacent (but tbh I've barely listen to hyperpop lately), but they just don't capture my attention as much mainly because I don't have as robust of a catalog for them like kpop.

some of the music I genuinely enjoy includes music by newjeans (kpop), circlejerks (punk/punkrock), x (punk/rock), ayesha erotica (y2k/hyperpop), thatkid (y2k pop), silverstein (hardrock), stuff like that.

i was hoping yall could send me some suggestions of stuff you think id like based off this, I really don't know how to expand my music taste b because I feel like everything I find just sucks ahah.
jadedmusiclistener is offline   Reply With Quote