Music Banter - View Single Post - 80s-ish Song with Female Name as Possible Title
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2023, 06:05 AM   #2 (permalink)
David_
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comt72781 View Post
Hi,

Heard a song recently in the background at a theme park that I'm trying to identify. It's definitely something that I've heard before, and would have been commonly heard on the radio. My best guess is 80s, with a possibility I guess of late 70s or early 90s. It's an upbeat, peppy song, and I'd probably classify it as something like pop or pop rock.

It's sung by a male, and the most distinctive feature is a recurring line that's something along the lines of "[Female Name] oh oh oh oh oohoohooh" (could be "whoa" instead of "oh," but you get the idea). My guess would be that the (one word) female name is the title of the song, though I don't know that for sure. Unfortunately it wasn't quite loud enough, and there was too much background noise, to make out the female name (it would obviously be a lot easier to find if I knew that), or to Shazaam it.

For whatever reason my mind immediately went to Phil Collins/Genesis, though when I think about it I don't necessarily think it sounded like Phil Collins' voice (plus searching through Phil Collins songs didn't turn up anything). Similarly didn't have luck going through a few lists of songs with female names as titles. It's not Cecelia, it's not Rosanna, it's not Layla, it's not Lorelei (though that does have an "ooh ooh ooh ooh" line), it's not Roxanne, it's not Sweet Caroline, it's not My Sharona, it's not Jenny (867-5309), it's not Gloria (I guess that's sung by a woman so never mind).

Help or ideas are appreciated. Thanks.
Well if it's from the 80's there's a fair chance I might have heard it before. Problem is "oh/whoa and no name" doesn't really help that much. Can you sing it, or maybe just hum it, and then upload an audio file? Hearing the melody, even just a few chords, would certainly help.
David_ is offline   Reply With Quote