Music Banter - View Single Post - What Are You Listening To Right Now? II
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2023, 02:52 PM   #32544 (permalink)
SergiyY
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguette View Post
Nice, I like that. Ukrainian is not Russian but it's close...
Ukrainian is similar to Russian, but still it is more similar to Belarusian, Polish and other Slavic languages. Russians are more ethnically and culturally distant from Ukrainians than other Slavic peoples. The Ukrainian language is more melodious, requires more vertical movements of the lips, and Russian - more horizontal, so the Ukrainian language has many shibboleths for Russians, most of whom have not been familiar with the Ukrainian language since childhood. In general, this is a difficult topic.
Quote:
...I choose your dreams for you every night... so sweet.
In general, it is very similar to the fact that the song itself was written by the soloist of the band based on those events that happened at the very beginning of her relationship with her current man, with whom she now has a happy family and creative collaboration. This song is about a meetings at midnight and about a woman's anxiety for her beloved man who is risking his life, but it is still a song about happy events. But the theme of the clip was influenced by events related to the full-scale war of Russia against Ukraine. And in the context of this clip, the song is on behalf of that woman who remained alive only in the memory of the hero of the clip and those who knew her. And it is the memories of her and his daughter, as well as the need to help others, that keeps him from committing suicide.
In general, if you are interested, the band The Hardkiss has a lot of interesting things both in Ukrainian and in English. They are a rock band, but some of their songs deviate from that style. I will post two of their music videos here, one for a Ukrainian song, the other for an English song, although there are still many interesting things in them.

In general, Ukrainian performers have created a lot of interesting things since the beginning of the 90s, and especially in the last decade. And we have enough of these performers for different tastes and styles. If you want I will post some of the interesting stuff here (once a day or two).

Quote:
Discussing guitar, lead, rhythm, bass in another topic, had to pull this oldie out of my hat. Mostly because 0:35. And then everything after. Roy Khan.
Thanks, Good stuff! I have already listened three times.

Last edited by SergiyY; 11-01-2023 at 08:34 PM.
SergiyY is offline   Reply With Quote