Music Banter - View Single Post - What Are You Listening To Right Now? II
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2023, 10:46 PM   #32546 (permalink)
Roguette
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergiyY View Post
Ukrainian is similar to Russian, but still it is more similar to Belarusian, Polish and other Slavic languages. Russians are more ethnically and culturally distant from Ukrainians than other Slavic peoples. The Ukrainian language is more melodious.....
Thank you Sergiy for ALL of that! I only mentioned Russian because I'm a little familiar with that language (will explain tomorrow night in a messge) but I do understand that Ukrainian language shares more with other Slavic languages. A friend of mine also has a friend from Poland, one who actually escaped from Communist USSR more than 40 years ago. This friend of mine (not the Polish guy) also told me about a Ukrainian lady that he met about 15 years ago. She was still learning Ukrainian after speaking only Russian (and English) all of her life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergiyY View Post
Thanks, Good stuff! I have already listened three times.
Glad you like! My boyfriend actually introduced me to Kamelot many years ago with that song. Roy Khan left Kamelot more than 10 years but he was really great.

From one of my youtube playlists. My boyfriend is a werewolf so I dance with the wolves
Ти знаєш її?

ADDED.... I will finish listening to those videos tomorrow. She has a beautiful voice!
Roguette is offline   Reply With Quote