Music Banter - View Single Post - What Are You Listening To Right Now? II
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2023, 09:23 PM   #32549 (permalink)
SergiyY
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguette View Post
Ruslana and Orange Revolution.... I also saw her in the Netflix film "Winter On Fire", Maidan 2014-2015. That really made me a fan of hers. (Please know that there is also an Oliver Stone film of Maidan out there, but it's junk, very dishonest. Don't get that film confused with "Winter On Fire" which was all about the people.)
During the Orange Revolution in Kyiv, I was not on the Maidan, I was at a local protest. And in 2014, he was on the Maidan five times, including the day after the students were beaten, but he missed the main events in February 2014. It's just that I live in another region of Ukraine and I have to go to Kyiv within three to four hours. And I was also very busy with work at that time.
Quote:
My favorite version of that song can be found on youtube if you search "i follow rivers magician remix extended" (without the quotes!), it should be near the top. It was for me here in the USA anyway.
Thank you! I finally found what the song was. It was in this version that I heard it in 2015 more than once at work, when an employee in the opposite part of the room could not work without music and was listening to the radio. I don't remember what kind of radio station it was. Another song that I heard there and that I liked was "Sia - Chandelier" because there is such a chorus that you can understand by ear.

Quote:
Oh my God, FLIT! They may not be that well-known but I know them now and their music is GREAT!! I'm an old Punk Rocker (not 'old' but I used to follow some of that) and the first song that you posted up there sounds almost like classic western Punk. I love it!
Я з цим гуртом познайомився ще десь в 2012 році. Просто тоді свідомо відшукував в Інтернеті українських виконавців оскільки на FM радіо і на телебаченні тоді довго було засилля низькоякісного (як правило) російськомовного контенту. Коли я їх знайшов я був у захваті від їх творчості.

Today I will post two clips of the famous Ukrainian artist (now deceased) Kuzma Skryabin (Andrii Kuzmenko), who from the early 90s to 2015 created many albums and each of them has interesting things. By the way, there is one joint work with Andrii Kuzmenko in the FliT group. A very productive and charismatic artist. He and his band created a lot of interesting music. His only drawback is that his voice was not very suitable for a singer from the very beginning, and then it became even more hoarse due to smoking or some other reason. Therefore, since it is mainly an English-speaking audience that will not be able to listen to the quality of the lyrics of his songs and understand what is the fun of listening to songs performed in such a voice, I will present here two of his works created at the early stage of his work, which are very interesting in terms of musical performance and created in that the period when his voice was better. At an early stage, his music was greatly influenced by the works of the Cure and Depeche Mode. At a later stage, he changed the style of music to something more unique, so if you want to get acquainted with his later work, I can recommend the following things of his, search for what is in quotes along with the name of his band (Skryabin) "100 годин", "Еволюція", " Люди як кораблі", "Тепла зима", "Прогноз погоди", "Вибач", "Кінець траси", "Ніби в раю". And these are the twomusic videos from his early work. I'm listening to them right now. The first song (His joint work with Ulia Lord with whom he has another work "Коридори-нори") is about the fire of passion and has an interesting music video. The second is philosophical reflection on what will happen to us after death.

Last edited by SergiyY; 10-31-2023 at 09:34 PM.
SergiyY is online now   Reply With Quote