Music Banter - View Single Post - Rishi Sunak says 'a man is a man and a woman is a woman'
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2023, 10:43 PM   #126 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadis View Post
The goals of the trans activism I'm talking about are changes to law. Law is by necessity a broad-brush affair. I don't have to think that all or most or even many MTFs are predators (though among those who demand transfer to women's prisons in Canada it doesn't look good) to think that none of them belong in spaces where women have an expectation of freedom from the male gaze and penis.

It might get interesting if you name some of those kinds of trans activism you're prepared to condemn as dangerous or excessive. It sounds like you're comfortable with saying this about the consequences but not about the well-funded and sophisticated political campaigns of policy capture that lead to those consequences.

It's easy to agree that this is not ideal:

But pointing out what has made this possible is much more challenging because it requires offending many perfectly nice people. Believe me, I get it. I haven't survived in academia for as long as I have (though whether being an adjunct amounts to survival I'm not at all sure) because I'm as outspoken elsewhere as I am on a zero stakes anonymous forum.
"If you're a transfem who doesn't want to go to a men's prison then you're a rapist."

Hey here's a law: Jadis must heretofore forthwith suck my cock.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote