Music Banter - View Single Post - What Are You Listening To Right Now? II
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2024, 05:47 AM   #32621 (permalink)
Lauri131
Groupie

Wow, I appreciate you letting me into your musical world that much. Frankly, there's just too much stuff on your channel to properly respond to with a post, this is a public forum after all.

Listened to some of the trance tracks, fun stuff. I recently discovered this portal called "Ishkurs Guide to Electronic Music" (still can't post links) It hosts a bunch of info about electronic dance music, the writer overindulges in cynical humor, but it is also pretty informative, especially with the sample playlists.
I ended up liking the "twinkle prog" genre. James Holden (a definitive figure in the genre) had also contributed to the DJ-kicks series (the one that I shouted out the HAAI installment of).
I also enjoyed some of the associated acts like Nathan Fake and Fairmont. The genre pulls from trance with some of the bright melodic progressions.
As an example the track Marcuss Schössow - Chase My Rabbit (Moonbeam Edit) simple, but in a really good entrancing way. This week will be extra cold in Finland -20 to -30 Celsius. So I'm pumping this energetic music.

On the topic of musical portals, the site everynoise.com has been my go-to, although it's flown through some turbulence last month when the author got laid off by spotify, you can read all about it on his blog linked on the site.
Btw. on the site Rising Appalachia falls under the genre "high vibe" and quite a bit of the acts in that genre are stuff you'd probably like/already know of.

I also have a youtube, where I've got all my favourites appropriately playlisted some of it sorta mixified, some of it not, so if you wanna check that it'll probably pop up if you search Lauri131 in there.

For a better 2024
Lauri131 is offline   Reply With Quote