Music Banter - View Single Post - Appeal for Musicians: No Context Stem Submissions for Collaborative Music Project
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2024, 05:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
Ian Cognito
Groupie

Smile Appeal for Musicians: No Context Stem Submissions for Collaborative Music Project

Dear musicians,
I am reaching out as I wish to collaborate on an exclusive bricolage EP as part of my BA(Hons) final major project. I trust that your inspiration and individual talents could considerably contribute to its overall success.
To participate in this project, I request that you submit "no context stems."

The concept of the project is simple: I want you to send me isolated stems of your musical works without providing any context. By this, I mean that you can submit individual tracks, loops, or sections of your compositions, including such as one-shot samples, vocals, or patches (serum/vital/sylenth/native instruments). My end goal is to then use these stems leaving the interpretation and integration entirely to my collaborative process. I’ll use them to create a unique and interesting EP made up of all the random parts; I may use them in full, I may sample parts, or I may create one-shots and/or sampled instruments from them.

This experimental approach aims to combine the various talents of musicians like yourself in a creative collaboration that emerges spontaneous freestyled tracks from the mix of different sounds, styles, and influences. The lack of context encourages a fresh and innovative perspective, allowing for this unexpected influence and musical journey.

Submission Details:
• Deadline: [29/03/2024]
• Preferred Audio format: WAV or AIFF
• Email subject: [Your Name] - No Context Stems Submission
• Filenames: [Key, Tempo, Artist Name, Location.WAV/AIFF]
• Email address: 123131@student.calderdale.ac.uk
• Licence Agreement - CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 Deed - Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International

Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions or if you'd like more information about the project. I am excited about the potential for collaboration and look forward to hearing the diverse contributions that will make this project truly extraordinary.
Thank you for considering being a part of this innovative musical project.

Kind Regards
Stephen
Ian Cognito is offline   Reply With Quote