Music Banter - View Single Post - List all the bands you've seen live
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2024, 02:44 PM   #234 (permalink)
Psy-Fi
Aficionado of Fine Filth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drjohnrock View Post
Quite an impressive list. I've singled out two for special comment. I work with a rather high number of jam band enthusiasts who would worship the ground you walk on for seeing the Allman Brothers 39 times. I'm personally more impressed with your getting to see Big Dipper (we're talking about the band and not the rapper, right?), a band I've somehow missed. The members are open to doing more reunion shows but the geographical distance between them probably means the odds are against it.
Seeing the Allman Brothers Band 39 times wasn't something I set out to do or ever thought I'd do but it just happened over many years and many tours.

I saw Big Dipper in the late 80's sometime after their debut album had been released. It was at a small local club and there were maybe 50 to 70 people at the show. They were one of the tightest bands I've ever seen perform live to this day. I actually went to high school with Jeff Oliphant and he was also in another band with 4 other friends of mine from high school before he joined Big Dipper.

She's a Brick House
Psy-Fi is offline   Reply With Quote