Music Banter - View Single Post - Singers and musicians who hate their own songs? :/
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2024, 01:36 AM   #9 (permalink)
Karice
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateorosi View Post
Grace Slick hates "We Built This City" for being pop trash. A Flock of Seagulls' singer is sick of "I Ran." Mariah Carey dislikes "I Don't Wanna Cry" and "Someday." Jewel jokes about her voice on "Who Will Save Your Soul."
Yep, I mentioned Grace Slick hating We Built This City for being pop trash in my OP. She admitted they did it purely for money. Heart did pop trash in the 80's and 90's too and admitted they did it for money too. Ann said something like,"We decided to leave our REAL selves on one side of a river and cross the river to the Capitalistic and material side of the river and told our REAL selves that we'd try to come back to get them after makinh big money!" LMAO! In Heart and Jefferson Starship's defenses, the folk type of singing they were doing in the 70's wouldn't go over very well with the fluffy, poppy, and glitzy persona of the 80's and 90's. White Rabbit and Crazy On You would have flopped big time in say 1985.
Karice is offline   Reply With Quote