Music Banter - View Single Post - Great Moments In Rock
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2006, 10:35 PM   #68 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Theres only maybe .01% of musicians that are better than Neil Young. I don't even know who the **** Paul Gilbert.

This is going to be hard to believe but some music fans have their head up their ass. I blame music. It connects to some people too fast and too hard and its the equivelent of being pussy whipped by your girlfriend. Its like that guy you know who finally dates for his first time and says some outlandish **** like "im going to marry this woman"

No the **** you aren't, and this artist isn't that good. I love when people don't like someones voice, The Stripes, Neil, Waits, Axl, it just means those superficial ****heads are deprived of good music.

I heard Alicia Keys cover "Wild Horses" with the guy from Maroon 5, and I happen to think shes very talented, but she sings it like Aretha might have, not Mick, and it just doens't have the same appeal.

Bad voices are the sound of honesty, the real emotion and passion that comes from regular people in everyday situations, not some fruitbasket who's been studying vocal precision for their whole lives.

To anyone whos going to argue my theory, let me just clarify it this way. I think the hobo down the street begging for change that sings like a dying wolf knows pain. I don't think the well dress, cosmeticed up harlet in the school of music knows anything of loss.

The worse the signer, the better the effect.