Music Banter - View Single Post - Introductions to songs? NOT A LYRIC!!
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2006, 08:15 AM   #4 (permalink)
DontRunMeOver
They call me Tundra Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by right-track
A good intro to a song is half the battle, in fact I'd say the first 20 seconds determine whether or not I'm going to like it.
You're right - I think from now on we're going to spend the time to make sure every song has a kick-ass intro. Maybe we'll throw in some samples of trams, just for you Right Track.

The current intro I'm pushing to put into a song (the recorded version at least) is for a very dancy disco-rock style song we've written. At the moment its just a guitar playing some choppy chords, but I want to change it to a 4 part vocal harmony introduction, with a bass going "uh uh uhhhh" (in a sleazy way), two tenor parts in thirds, going "come on, girl" as a repeating riff and a baritone speaking this in a very plummy, posh accent:

"Girl, you may be prim and softly spoken
But the way I touch those hips will make your pursed lips open
I'll have you panting like a hound from the moment we start
You're going to take this midnight silence
(backing vocals drop out)
and tear it apart"

And then the whole band kicks in with the main riff. Anyway, do you think that putting vocal harmonies and a fox-hunter like voice at the beginning of a rock song would be too off-the-wall? Or would it just be a fucking great into?
DontRunMeOver is offline   Reply With Quote