Music Banter - View Single Post - Great Moments In Rock
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2006, 05:53 PM   #82 (permalink)
rudgrljungalist
Purple monkey dishwasher

Okay so I came on this thread and surprise, surprise; I read pages 2-9, and saw maybe three or four imo "valid" contributions. So I say: Elvis shaking his pelvis and having the show broadcast waist-up (too sexual for the times); Elvis being drafted to fight WW2 (how the girls cried); Jimi torching his guitar (millions of posters sold worldwide); the deterioration of Woodstocks ideals- from its inception, to Woodstock2, and whatever the last one was supposed to be;Kurt Cobain killing himself (or did he???LOL); Arrowsmith and Run DMC doing "Walk This Way" together (was rap metal already established then?)(ok, the last one wasn't so much great as it was "experimental") Oh, and Live8, not b/c it was great or for charity, but b/c it was such a joke.
Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.
rudgrljungalist is offline   Reply With Quote