Music Banter - View Single Post - Essay: Music and Politics Anyone have input??
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2006, 11:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
rudgrljungalist
Purple monkey dishwasher

Default Essay: Music and Politics Anyone have input??

Okay, so I'm taking a social sciences class, and am doing an essay on politics in music. Not sure if this thread belongs in here, but I figured it was logical. Anyhow, I'm not exactly sure of my position yet, but thot "There's SURELY someone @ mb who'll have something to say about this", so here I am. I'm still prepping for research as I said. Basically my arguement is based on the idea that music does bring/reinforce awareness of political issues, in turn affecting our culture/society. More importantly I was considering music related events, like how artists collaborate and make a cd for charity (ie;Hurricane Katrina -i think) how they get caught up in politics like Bono is a prime example, (for some reason I feel the need to mention Sir Elton John!?)Okay I'm done. I appreciate any sincere info, thanks
Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.
rudgrljungalist is offline   Reply With Quote