Music Banter - View Single Post - The Ripper
Thread: The Ripper
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2006, 10:39 PM   #36 (permalink)
Wild7Dustr
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger
Makes no difference.

You don`t hear people saying James Brown isn`t funk anymore because the Red Hot Chili Peppers are heavier.
Hey bud, R.H.C.P. don't have the same sound (or even style) as James Brown.If you want to hear a little more soul and classic funk, then you'd listen to James Brown; if you wanted to hear something that was funky, fast and rocked hard, then you'd listen to R.H.C.P., ya know?I'm influenced by both bands and both of them are some of my favorite funk-based artists out there.James Brown will always be funky (atleast his past records) and Rob Halford will always be known as the Metal God.Judas Priest and Black Sabbath are pretty much the bands that originated/created heavy metal and I wouldn't take either out of my favorite metal (or even hard-rock) bands list, ya hear?Judas Priest has the intensity, emotion and incredible solo's to put them up as a metal band, but Black Sabbath had more of a darker, demonic/evil sound that is truly more of the defining sound of where metal came from.As for me and the others in this slight argument have already said, the Painkiller album is more of a darker, heavier style of hard-rock/metal for the band, so there's no denying that that sound produces a true metal sound!!!As I already said, I fu(kin' love Judas Priest and would put them on either a metal or hard-rock favorites list, so don't be offended if you are!!!Hard-rock pretty much is metal in a sense with the only possible differences being that metal usually has a darker, heavier sound with...in some cases...growling lyrics talking about satanic/evil things, ya see?Do ya understand why Judas Priest is more of a hard-rock band now?
Wild7Dustr is offline   Reply With Quote