Music Banter - View Single Post - KISS- why not retire??
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2006, 10:03 PM   #275 (permalink)
jr.
Seeker of Peace

Sure, the Elder was their one stab at a concept album. Musically, it wasn't any different from any of their other albums. They simply tried to tell a srory with the songs. It wasn't a good time for the band, personel wise, either. Eric Carr palyed all the drums on the album, Peter Criss was essentially gone, even though his name appears on the credits.

Dynasty was their foray into the disco. Really, though, 'Sure Know Something'
and 'I Was Made For Lovin' You' were the only tracks on the album that hinted at Disco.

As far as Destroyer, it was, in fact, their best produced album up to that point. 'KISS', 'Hotter Than Hell', and 'Dressed To Kill' were all raw, and sparsely produced. With the huge sales of 'Alive', they were afforded the chance to put out a better produced album. Better produced, but not anything innovative or experimental, musically.

I stand by what I said. KISS never broke any ground, musically. They made their living with their live shows. I've seen plenty, in their prime, and on their reunion tour.

I will restate...I love KISS. I always have, I always will. But my love for them does not bleed over into my intelligence as a music fan. I won't be one of those knuckleheads who sits here shouting "KISS is the greatest band ever!!!", because they weren't. Not even close.

I just went and counted....I own 26 KISS cds, the majority of which I also owned on album. I have been a KISS fan since the mid 70's. I am not one to sing my own praises, but I am confident in saying, there's no one in here that is a bigger fan, or more of an authority on KISS than me.